All reviews end with a number of stars out of five. Here’s what these approximately mean:
1 out of 5 stars–This is insanely, infinitely bad. Save yourself and stay away from it!
2 out of 5 stars–meh
3 out of 5 stars–Average. I didn’t hate it and didn’t love it. You might love it or hate it. Use your own discretion.
4 out of 5 stars–I really liked this a lot.
5 out of 5 stars–ZOMG I LOVED THIS!
Product Review Requests:
I am pleased to accept products for review if it is something that I know I will use. Obviously this is more difficult to pin down in a policies page, so please feel free to contact me at opinionsofawolf[at]gmail[dot]com with your product information, and I will get back to you with a yes or no as soon as possible. My previous product reviews may be found here and here.
Thank you for your interest!
Book Review Requests:
I am open November 1st through December 31st to review requests for 2014.
In January of 2014, I will announce what books have been accepted for review in 2014. I will send out an email to accepted books only. This email will notify you of acceptance and also query if you are interested in a giveaway at the time of review or not. If you have not received an email from me by January 10th, then I am sorry but your book was not the right match for my blog. In January I will also post an announcement on my blog of which books have been accepted for review. This means that if you are accepted for review, you have the potential for three instances of publicity: 1) the announcement 2) the review 3) a giveaway (at your discretion). I strongly recommend that, if you decide to submit, you read this page in full and also read my article How to Successfully and Respectfully Pitch Your Book to Book Bloggers before contacting me.
I only accept review copies from indie authors! Indie authors are defined (by me) as self-published or backed by a small, independent publishing house. I believe in, and am a big supporter of, putting the power of the written word back in the hands of authors and readers. Plus, as an indie author myself, it’s good karma.
Formats I accept:
- kindle compatible ebooks of any type EXCEPT pdfs
- print books
Genres I prefer:
- especially zombies and the occult
- especially: post-apocalyptic, dystopian, robots/ai, cyberpunk, and space exploration
- Paranormal romance
- Urban fantasy
- Detective/film noir
- Cozies (but no sewing, knitting, or crocheting)
- Thrillers (but not political thrillers)
- Historical fiction with a focus on women’s history
- Nonfiction ONLY in the following categories:
- health and fitness (nothing paleo or crossfit)
- history (all kinds)
- vegetarian and vegan cookbooks
- Graphic novels in any of the above listed genres (MUST be a print book)
- GLBTQ in any of the above listed genres
Genres I will always say no to:
- Christian/religious/inspirational fiction
- Religious nonfiction
- Chick lit
- Women’s lit
- Fantasy set in a medieval European setting
- YA/NA (fiction and nonfiction)
- Children’s literature (fiction and nonfiction)
- Anything homophobic/biphobic/transphobic
- Political thrillers
- Short story collections
- Graphic novels in ebook format. I only read these in print.
If you feel your book might be a good match for me, please email me at
All of my reviews of review copies are cross-posted to GoodReads, LibraryThing, and Amazon, although the Amazon posts come in spurts as I have the spare time to do them. Due to Smashwords’s policy that one must have bought the book there in order to review it, I can only cross-post my reviews there if a Smashwords coupon code was provided along with the review copy.
Further note, please understand that my readers have come to trust me for my honest reviews. If you don’t want to risk getting a 1 or 2 star review, don’t send to me, as I’m not afraid of giving them where I feel they are warranted. For examples of 1 star reviews, see here, here, and here. For examples of 2 star reviews, see here, here, and here.
Thank you for your interest!